devices on the same VLAN not able to communicate

Mactep
New here

devices on the same VLAN not able to communicate

To have more IP addreases it is set up with /23 or 255.255.254.0 mask. And for some strange reason 192.168.2.X do not see 192.168.3.X devices and vise-versa.

Please advise.

6 Replies 6
ammahend
Getting noticed

are they on wireless ? is client isolation enabled under firewall and traffic shaping ?

Prestont
Here to help

we might need more information.

wired or wireless?

how are you trying to communicate with each other. Ping? if so, is firewall on the computer allowing it. are they connected to the same switch or dose it transverse a firewall? 

for a very simple test connect the two computers to the same switch and try to ping each other. also if across diffrent switches is the trunk set to allow that vlan?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have the devices with the problem got the same (and correct) subnet mask of 255.255.254.0 ?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It’ll either be a subnet mask issue or devices have wrong DFG

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

They indeed have the same and correct subnet mask of 255.255.254.0

CoreyDavoll1
Getting noticed

If they on separate switches, make sure that the ports that connect all of the switches together are trunked with the correct vlans.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels