Z3C with Verizon

SOLVED
PatWruk
Getting noticed

Z3C with Verizon

We are looking at setting up a few remote locations with basic monitoring for a device and the Z3C seems like it would be almost perfect for what we are trying to do except it doesn't support Verizon. Does anyone happen to know if they will be supported soon(ish)? Where the majority of our locations are, there is only Verizon for cell coverage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Crocker
Building a reputation

We have a couple remote ATM's that we run with Z3C's. The experience has generally been positive, but every once in awhile (every couple of months, maybe?) a handful of Z3C's or MX67C's will go offline. The devices will not come back online until someone goes on-site power-cycles the things.

We do not have the same behavior with Z3's or MX67's using an MG21 for their only uplink. If I were to recommend anything, it would be to avoid using the built-in cellular as the 'primary' connection on these two platforms.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer, but I have an alternative solution.

An MG21, which does say it supports Verizon:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MG/MG_Datasheets/MG21%2F%2F21E_Datasheet 

Combined with an ordinary Z3.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We've found Starlink has been working well for us as well ...

We're trying to limit the amount of devices for this, we're trying to start a new service to do some monitoring for other companies of a dual nic'd device that will have 1 nic in their network, 1 in ours. So we won't have a primary ISP outside of the cell connection. The majority of our remote sites are Meraki so having this tie into the Meraki dashboard/vpn would be the easiest from a config aspect.

Crocker
Building a reputation

We have a couple remote ATM's that we run with Z3C's. The experience has generally been positive, but every once in awhile (every couple of months, maybe?) a handful of Z3C's or MX67C's will go offline. The devices will not come back online until someone goes on-site power-cycles the things.

We do not have the same behavior with Z3's or MX67's using an MG21 for their only uplink. If I were to recommend anything, it would be to avoid using the built-in cellular as the 'primary' connection on these two platforms.

I was afraid of that, thanks for the input. I'll bring that up and see which route they want to go

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels