Z3 & Z3c VPN over cellular

Solved
M4TT
Conversationalist

Z3 & Z3c VPN over cellular

Hi, hopefully a quick and easy question. I just need some clarification on the VPN function on the teleworker gateway cellular failover.

I understand that the Z3 (nor any MX as far as I know) will not use the cellular connection as part of an SDWAN but I just want to double check it will be able to rebuild it's autoVPN back to the office MX if the primary internet connection fails.

So as an example a remote worker is working using the autoVPN to access the corporate network. Their internet broadband fails, obviously the cellular connection will kick in to provide internet connection but the question is will the autoVPN rebuild to give access to the corporate network until the primary line comes back online?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Should work exactly as you expect. Whether it’s a MX/Z cellular model, or a model with a USB cellular modem, if the wired WAN links fail then the AutoVPN should rebuild on the cellular. As you rightly state though, the cellular won’t be part of a SD-WAN, it only provides failover.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Should work exactly as you expect. Whether it’s a MX/Z cellular model, or a model with a USB cellular modem, if the wired WAN links fail then the AutoVPN should rebuild on the cellular. As you rightly state though, the cellular won’t be part of a SD-WAN, it only provides failover.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels