Yellow vs green color using cellular

ToDevNull
Conversationalist

Yellow vs green color using cellular

Dear all,

I'm using multiple MX68CW devices. All of them having a sim card and they are connected to the mobile network for failover purpose (in addition to the wired internet access).

In the dashboard and the map, they appear with yellow status instead of green.

We also have some MX68CW without a simcard and they are shown as green.

My thinking is that the device should appear in yellow in case of failover (when using the mobile network), not only when the device is connected to the mobile network.

Is there is a way to configure that ?

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The meraki mg also always show yellow.

Bug:

• MG’s have yellow status on Organization > Overview when on Cellular

I supose the mxC could have the same bug. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes that MG bug still exists unfortunately. And it's not necessarily related to the MX as the original thinking was to visually indicate when a MX-C fails over to cell. But I agree that for anyone that runs a MX-C on cell as primary it would be nice to have an option to configure the logic to show it not in an alerting state. That would be a feature request.

Today, a MG can only be connected to cell WAN. So it really shouldn't be yellow on the Org overview page unless again there was an actual problem.

In my case, arround 40 MX devices are working with primary access using wired connection on WAN1 interface, but appears yellow anyway 😞 (just because they have a sim card and the ability to switch over the mobile network ?)

You should open a Support case on this. That is not expected behavior. I have a customer with 900 MX68CWs deployed with cellular and they're green as long as the WAN port is active/healthy.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I *think* (I might be wrong) if you use this option and set the cellular to always be enabled the issue will go away.  This will mean the cellular is always connected.

PhilipDAth_0-1712520130221.png

I've tested that and it doesn't appear to change the yellow icon issue on the Org overview page for a MX operating on cell 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels