Wireless range of MX64W or MX67W

SOLVED
Bob283
Conversationalist

Wireless range of MX64W or MX67W

Does anyone know the generic range for the wireless capability for the MX64W or MX67W?  I found that the regular range for a MR product is 100 meters, but I can't find anything about the MX wireless-integrated products.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no exact range, also not for the MR-range. It all depends on your environment. But at least when I was using the internal wireless of the MX64W, it was not that good as I was hoping. This, together with the fact that the MX/Z-wireless is quite limited and does not integrate with MR, I always plan for MXes without integrated wireless and add a small MR access point like the MR36 to the network.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no exact range, also not for the MR-range. It all depends on your environment. But at least when I was using the internal wireless of the MX64W, it was not that good as I was hoping. This, together with the fact that the MX/Z-wireless is quite limited and does not integrate with MR, I always plan for MXes without integrated wireless and add a small MR access point like the MR36 to the network.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bob283 as a rule of thumb I'd say in the same room, though you might be lucky and have more range if the walls are flimsy etc.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm with @cmr , I think of it as providing coverage in a room or the immediate space.  I don't think I'd like to push it more than 20m.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels