cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelisting problems

Just browsing

Whitelisting problems

I cant access websites even though the selected computer is already whitelisted.

10 REPLIES 10
Kind of a big deal

Re: Whitelisting problems

• Have you undertaken any troubleshooting steps?
  • Was it working before you did something?
  • Is this isolated to a single client or multiple...
Just browsing

it was working this morning then suddenly, we cant access sites like youtube, i tried whitelisting all the devices but to no  avail, now we cant also update different softwares or anti viruses because in our recent group policy it's denied. i tried whitelisting again but to no avail again. this is multiple clients im talking about. thank you

Building a reputation

Are you blocking via content filtering? did you try whitelisting a single site then try to get out so said site?

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out IT Career Skills onIt Career SkillsIt Career Skills
Just browsing

yes i tried for example youtube.com but i cant still access it, im just frustrated because this is the first time we encountered this problem, were using this mx appliance for more than 2 years now sir,
Building a reputation

What about firewall rules? have any layer 3 or layer 7 rules been changed lately2019-09-25 22_01_24-Firewall Configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Just browsing

we dont have any changes in our rules lately, im just suprised that this happened, yesterday and early this morning we can still access those websites. i just cant figured it out why suddenly even though we put some equipments in whitelisted group they cant still access or even have their software update started.
Highlighted
Building a reputation

How are you Whitelisting are you doing it on the client page or via Group Policy? On the client page, I don't think whitelisting will whitelist for content filtering.. I believe it has to be done by Group Policy in Meraki. 

2019-09-26 11_33_57-Window.png

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Kind of a big deal
Building a reputation

Where have you whitelisted them on the MR or MX?

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Just browsing

MX sir, i just dont know what happened, suddenly we cant access to some denied websites in our group policy even though i put that computer in the whitelisted group.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.