Whitelisting problems

Keds
Just browsing

Whitelisting problems

I cant access websites even though the selected computer is already whitelisted.

10 REPLIES 10
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

• Have you undertaken any troubleshooting steps?
  • Was it working before you did something?
  • Is this isolated to a single client or multiple...

it was working this morning then suddenly, we cant access sites like youtube, i tried whitelisting all the devices but to no  avail, now we cant also update different softwares or anti viruses because in our recent group policy it's denied. i tried whitelisting again but to no avail again. this is multiple clients im talking about. thank you

Are you blocking via content filtering? did you try whitelisting a single site then try to get out so said site?

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

yes i tried for example youtube.com but i cant still access it, im just frustrated because this is the first time we encountered this problem, were using this mx appliance for more than 2 years now sir,

What about firewall rules? have any layer 3 or layer 7 rules been changed lately2019-09-25 22_01_24-Firewall Configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

we dont have any changes in our rules lately, im just suprised that this happened, yesterday and early this morning we can still access those websites. i just cant figured it out why suddenly even though we put some equipments in whitelisted group they cant still access or even have their software update started.

How are you Whitelisting are you doing it on the client page or via Group Policy? On the client page, I don't think whitelisting will whitelist for content filtering.. I believe it has to be done by Group Policy in Meraki. 

2019-09-26 11_33_57-Window.png

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Network-dad
A model citizen

Where have you whitelisted them on the MR or MX?

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2

MX sir, i just dont know what happened, suddenly we cant access to some denied websites in our group policy even though i put that computer in the whitelisted group.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels