Web local status and configuration page

CarlT
Here to help

Web local status and configuration page

Hi All

On the Meraki Firewall page, you can allow ip addresses in the Web (local status & configuration).

What exactly is this for? does this mean I can reach the local page over the WAN? If so how do i do this? I have tried to access it and nothing happens

Cheers

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, that is right.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
CarlT
Here to help

Hi, that page doesn't really answer my question and doesnt say if the local status page is available via the WAN port, say from my remote office, how would I access it remotely ? is there a specific url etc, or does it not work ?

cheers

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can, but by default you cannot acces via internet.

If you're looking for a little more, you'd find it.

Firewall configuration:

alemabrahao_0-1711542688894.png

Network-wide configuration.

alemabrahao_1-1711542750151.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Once enabled, browse to the WAN IP address of the MX.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you're correct.
That is where you can configure the local status page to be accessible remotely.

If configured, the local status page is accessible by navigating to the MX's WAN IP from the IP addresses entered into the "Web (local status & configuration)" configuration.

See "Controlling Remote Access To The Local Status Page" at the following link

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels