We need to replace an MX80 with MX85, can we transfer license, or do we need to get a new license?

Lohith
Comes here often

We need to replace an MX80 with MX85, can we transfer license, or do we need to get a new license?

We need to replace an MX80 with MX85, can we transfer the license to new device, or do we need to get a new license?

Current License  Model: Co-termination

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

this requires a new license. details of allowed license conversions are noted here https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Co-Termination_Licensing_Ov...

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Lohith : i knew you may see that licensing transfer in Cisco but not possible for Meraki. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Ryan_Miles MX80->MX84 and MX84->MX85 are both allowed. Therefore it should be allowed, even if it takes two steps.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

i would work from the guidance in the doc and that only allows a single model jump 80>84 or 84>85. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels