Voice problem

athan1234
Building a reputation

Voice problem

Dear all:

It's not just with some calls that my clients' calls have a problem where the voice sounds robotic.

They are utilizing an application via a PC ( I cant tremeber the Aplication) with a vlan user.

I force this traffic for WLAN 2 they have   300MBs

I believe they have lost their connection, but I'm not sure.
How can I determine whether the connection connecting MX and Provaider is reliable?
Consider this lost an issue, do you?

Do you believe the provider is the issue?

I make an effort to prioritize the sound, but I'm not sure if it's right.

athan1234_0-1677677346164.png

athan1234_1-1677677381763.png

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So your hitting the max 300Mbit?

I would try prioritize only voip not all video& conf.

Maybe also do a global per client limit so not 1 client can use all 300Mbit

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Following the best practices guidance on https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

Try:

* On the SSID, set Trafficshaping rules for "All VoIP and video conferencing"

Ignore SSID per client limit

PCP 6 / DSCP tag 46 (EF)

* On the Switch Settings Page under Quality of Service section, set the Voice VLAN

Protocol to Any

DSCP: Trust Incoming DSCP.

* On the MX, create a Group policy, and assign that to the VLAN interface on the MX

* In said Group Policy, configure same traffic shaping rules as those on the SSID
   Type: "All VoIP ..."

Limit: "Ignore Network per-client limit"

PCP: 6

DSCP 46 (EF)

Try and see how this works for you...

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
athan1234
Building a reputation

Thank @ww  and @rhbirkelund 
in relation to the losses.
It's conceivable that the cable or provider are the usual causes of this loss.

athan1234_1-1677682585302.png

Yeah, well.. As soon as the traffic leaves the MX, it's out of your hands. I might want to work with the voice provider in order to exactly determine what requirements are for the Voice application.

Also you can try an work with your internet provider to see if there's something they can do.

Besides having the MX continously ping 8.8.8.8, I have a habit of also configuring my ISP next hop address (ISP Default Gateway), as well. If pings are choppy there, maybe it's the Provider edge that has a problem.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If they are a WiFi user - can you try connecting via an Ethernet cable to rule out WiFi issues?

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi @PhilipDAth  they are via ethernet cable .

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels