VoIP traffic shaping

MerUser874
Here to help

VoIP traffic shaping

We've recently moved over to a WebEx Calling hosted solution. Because of some bandwidth issues, I wonder if anyone knows the specific traffic shaping rule we need to turn on. I found the All VoIP & video conferencing setting but there have not been any complaints for video, it's only this new WebEx VoIP service.

If it matters, we have an MX firewall with MS and Cisco switches along with Polycom VVX350 phones.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried to enable the default traffic shaping rules?

alemabrahao_0-1666709064342.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MerUser874
Here to help

I did add the All VoIP definition but not the defaults. It has not seemed to help so I'm wondering if there is something on the switches that need to be set too.

You can try It, but to be honest I have never needed to configure It on my switches.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Other_Topics/QoS_(Quality_of_Service)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
QHoang
Conversationalist

Did you find a fix? We're having issues out of the blue but we're on Jive.

I know this is not going to help but we ended up getting our bandwidth upgrade soon after my first post and that solved all of our problems.

Bo_Tang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you get all destination IP address of webex servers, and tag them with EF?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels