VPN to Zscaler

Fabian1
Getting noticed

VPN to Zscaler

Hi everyone,

does anybody have a VPN tunnel to Zscaler via a Meraki MX? 

We got some issues that if we have many sub-networks (local networks on the MX) configured, Zscaler support is complaining that we have too many policies configured (VPN SA). But we use IKEv2 so that shouldn't be a problem at all, that what also the Meraki support tells us.  Now I reduced the local networks to 4, but they are still not happy with our configuration.

Has anyone faced the same problem with them? Do you have a good solution for this case?

Best

4 REPLIES 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Fabian1 : I will see any solution but I would recommend you to take it with the support to get it done 

https://community.zscaler.com/t/ipsec-tunnel-using-user-fqdn-to-from-cisco-meraki-to-zscaler/8970/3

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
MarkusP
New here

Hi Fabian,

were you able to establish the zscaler ipsec tunnel using ikev2 settings ?

If so could you share the setitings ?

Thanks,

Markus

Hi Markus,

we used the standard Meraki ikev2 settings for Zscaler. I just hat to add the public IP of the MX to Local ID. You can also User FQDN if the IP is not static.

2022_11_28_08_24_12_Window.png

Naray
Just browsing

hi @Fabian1 

how is failover working between zscaler frankfurt and munich.

at branch sites i have internet and mpls. i am planning to advertise proxy 1 ip via primary link (i.e private subnet of non meraki vpn peer), proxy 2 ip via secondary/backup zscaler link initiated via local internet link. while proxy 3 will be advertised via autovpn (proxy 3 will be advertised via zscaler in dc). all 3 proxy ip addresses will be configured in the pac file. any thoughts on this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels