VPN is not working at Remote Location

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

VPN is not working at Remote Location

I'm trying to setup the client VPN at a remote location of ours. I'm using the same config I have at a different location, but I do not even see it showing a connection was attempted on the event logs for security appliance. The only difference I have at this point is the ISP we use. Normally out Cable Modems are bridged to the MX, but in this care it's a DSL modem in NAT mode. We've had some issues in the past with these modems rebooting back into NAT mode once they restarted so we just stopped fighting against them as Frontier DSL is always going down and we have a device that auto reboots them as they never resync when the issue is corrected. 

Any thoughts on the issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

well you need to port forward or put it in some kind of bridge mode

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

did you forward the ports in the nat dsl router?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Troubleshooting_Client_VPN

MMoss
Building a reputation

We did not, those devices don't hold a config to save their life and I don't have remote access either. This is the first time setting up up for Frontier DSL so there has also never been a need to do anything special in the matter

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

well you need to port forward or put it in some kind of bridge mode

MMoss
Building a reputation

My thoughts exactly, but I was told it wasn't necessary. It would also require a trip down to our warehouse and I wanted to double check before doing so. It's being replaced with Cable internet shortly anyhow.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels