VPN CLIENTs moving to other organization

Solved
MauroF
Here to help

VPN CLIENTs moving to other organization

Ive got 200 clients using the VPN SSL in the current organization. If i migrate the firewall in a new organization i lose all the clients' passwords. This is a a problem.
Im trying to find a solution for it. Is there any way via API to duplicate all the clients to the new organization before migration or at least to decrypt the passwords in order to reconfigure them all in the new organization?

Any idea?

Thanks

MF

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You'd likely want to look at using an external solution if you have a large number of clients, such as RADIUS, Active Directory or an external SSO provider. 

I am not aware of any way to move these users over. If an organisation is split (i.e. split 1 or more networks out into their own organisation) Meraki Support can copy over organisation admins, but there's no way for us to move non-admin users (such as splash / meraki auth)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki does not support configuring Client VPN via API.

You will have to add the new organization manually.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Actually Meraki told me they can but onlx for administators, not for Guest(clients) but i wanted to hear some other opinions.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes their statement is correct, so for guest users you will have to add them manually.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You'd likely want to look at using an external solution if you have a large number of clients, such as RADIUS, Active Directory or an external SSO provider. 

I am not aware of any way to move these users over. If an organisation is split (i.e. split 1 or more networks out into their own organisation) Meraki Support can copy over organisation admins, but there's no way for us to move non-admin users (such as splash / meraki auth)

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Is there any way via API to duplicate all the clients to the new organization before migration or at least to decrypt the passwords

No.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels