Uptime command in Meraki

Lucifer
Comes here often

Uptime command in Meraki

Hi Folks,

I am new to Meraki. Can any one please tell me, is it possible to check the uptime of the Meraki appliances?

if yes, please tell me how...

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Call Support and ask them 😞

Nash
Kind of a big deal

I would about give my left arm for:

1. An uptime ticker on my devices

2. A simple way to see what mac address a given port has, rather than having to calculate it manually.

Which reminds me, I need to write a Python script for #2 because I am NOT doing that math.

Sounds like a resonable request, why not use the make a wish function?

I once thought I was clever and could get uptime this way... But I was once again proven wrong.

j@RaspPi01:~ $ snmpget -v 2c -c <snip> 192.168.100.1 sysUpTime
SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

My entire team has on uptime. It's a basic monitoring item, right? I've seen other people reference making a wish. At this point, I am left to assume that Meraki does not wish to directly share this information, any more than they wish to share CPU/memory usage directly.

Colwelltn
Conversationalist

Almost seems like Meraki is embarrassed to show the uptime on these devices.  I have a monthly Make a Wish reminder on my calendar.  I Make a Wish for MX features: uptime, interface stats including errors, scheduled reboot, improved templates that do not require re-entering VLAN addressing information, a fail over feature or disable WAN1 even on devices with single dedicated Internet port such as MX60 and MX64 if WAN2 is setup and in ready status.  Uptime and errors can be attained by calling in and their is an SMNP OID for port errors, but you have to use additional software from Netreo or SolarWinds to get this information.  My $35 Arris modem that I bought at Walmart displays the CPE uptime and it is on the device, but just needs to be displayed.

I just ran across this and can't believe this is a thing. I literally thought one of my employees said that just because he didn't want to do work 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels