Uplink selection policy - Prefer WAN1 for Netflix

Solved
Patel786
Just browsing

Uplink selection policy - Prefer WAN1 for Netflix

Hi,

I am hoping for some help.

I am currently testing SDWAN traffic steering functionality. I have 2 WAN uplinks. I have an SD-WAN licence, Meraki MX64.

I am trying to steer specific applications such as Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Amazon Video to specific WAN Uplink. As far as I can tell this isn't working. 

I have attached the Uplink selection policy configuration screenshot.

Is it possible for someone to verify if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mohammed Patel 

sdwan meraki netflix.jpg

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

VPN traffic is SD-WAN policy. Internet rules, you must use the flow preferences, Internet traffic, but you can only use the IP, not the application.

alemabrahao_0-1674749793406.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping#Flow_pre...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

VPN traffic is SD-WAN policy. Internet rules, you must use the flow preferences, Internet traffic, but you can only use the IP, not the application.

alemabrahao_0-1674749793406.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping#Flow_pre...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

thanks for the response and advice. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels