Uplink issues with ATT ISP

SOLVED
pfrank71
Conversationalist

Uplink issues with ATT ISP

I was trying to bring up a network at a site where their ISP is an AT&T. They had a fiber router, ADIR0 with speeds of 20 mbps. When moving the connection from a cradlepoint to the Cisco Meraki MX-75 the LED light would go red. Meraki dashboard showed the device as offline and dhcp didn't seem to work. I consoled into the MX-75 and created a static route and the uplink came up for 30 minutes and went back down. I'm wondering if this is an arp problem or if I should try rebooting the AT&T managed router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pfrank71
Conversationalist

I worked with AT&T to bring up my Cisco Meraki network yesterday. AT&T had to enable dhcp on their side and then the MX-75 came online.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mult_Networks
Comes here often

If you haven't done so already, I have found that when adding a site that has a static address, it's always good practice to reboot everything and then in steps bring up the ISP modem and then the appliance.

Yes, I think that is what I'm going to do on Monday. I think that the AT&T router is having ARP issues. It is probably looking for the MAC address for the Cradlepoint IBR1700. Rebooting the ISP modem will probably clear the ARP table.

pfrank71
Conversationalist

I worked with AT&T to bring up my Cisco Meraki network yesterday. AT&T had to enable dhcp on their side and then the MX-75 came online.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels