Unable ping from different VLAN

samgbuyi
Getting noticed

Unable ping from different VLAN

Please i am having issue pinging from vlan A to vlan B viz a viz, anyone with possible help or assistance towards this should kindly help me asap.

10 REPLIES 10
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

How are both these vlans setup? Are you allowing them via L3 firewall rules? Let us know the setup.

Enthusiast

All Vlans setup on Meraki including DHCP, i dont have any L3 firewall rules before now, but i have just setup one still not going
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Are you pinging between Widows machines? Turn off Widows FIrewall. 

i can ping within same VLAN but i cant ping from one VLAN to the other
E.G i can ping within VLAN 100 but i cant ping from VLAN 100 to VLAN 110
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What type device  you have? Which  firmware version? On what port nummers you connect your test devices with vlan 100 and 110 when they cant ping

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What devices? Where do they connect the network? You have any firewall rules in place on your network that is blocking  something?  The devices  allow pings  in the firewall  on the device itself?

samgbuyi
Getting noticed

i dont have any firewall rule blocking

Inorder to ping from one vlan to another, you'll need to make sure there is some L3 routing in place, assuming there are no firewall rules.
Where is the default gateway located for vlan 100 and does that device have a route for vlan 110? Assuming there's an MX are both vlans in the route-table? Have you verified your uplinks, that both vlans are allowed in the trunks?
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Both Vlans are on the Route-table!
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you disabled Windows Firewall?  It blocks ping by default.

Can you ping the MX LAN IP in the remote VLAN you are trying to access?  If you can, then the routing is correct on at least the source machine.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels