Two MX questions

SOLVED
mike318
Getting noticed

Two MX questions

Why can't I sync blocked URLs amongst all my MX products (8) in my Org?

Why can't I submit URLs to Cisco for AMP consideration? Surely user submitted URLs would boost effectiveness. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can block url's on all MX's if you're using templates...  I know, not likely the answer you're looking for but it's the only way currently to do that. Org level policies would be really nice for quite a few things with regards to MX's (I'm looking at you SD-WAN).

URL filtering is Brightcloud based. You can submit requests through them. Info is here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Content_Filtering/Cont...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can block url's on all MX's if you're using templates...  I know, not likely the answer you're looking for but it's the only way currently to do that. Org level policies would be really nice for quite a few things with regards to MX's (I'm looking at you SD-WAN).

URL filtering is Brightcloud based. You can submit requests through them. Info is here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Content_Filtering/Cont...

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I agree @mike318 it has been on my wishlist for a while to have a shared blocklist/whitelist for an entire org.  I still like being able to individually set a blocked or whitelisted item but would be nice to have one master one as well rather than having to go through and manually add it to my 20 different networks.  

Edit:  We now mostly use OpenDNS Umbrella to do centralized blocking through our org.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Adam Not to go too off topic here, but how do you like Umbrella? Is there any real integration with the MX/Dashboard yet, or is administration still completely done in the OpenDNS UI? Any big gothchya's with it? 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
mike318
Getting noticed

I would also love more info on this. thanks

Adam
Kind of a big deal

PM'd @MRCUR we can start an offtopic thread if desired.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels