Two MX in the same network

AngeloF
New here

Two MX in the same network

Hi all!

I have a network with an MX100 Appliance and I would like to add an MX150 as new firewall but not as warm spare.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only one MX can be part of a given network (with the exception of a warm spare), also known as "the highlander principle".

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope.

alemabrahao_0-1667488120421.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AngeloF Do you mean add in the MX150 as a replacement for the MX100 or are you trying to run it alongside? If you want to replace the MX100 then you can remove than from the network and add in the MX150 but if you want to run it alongside that is not possible within the same network. You would need to create a second network. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AngeloF I presume it is actually an MX105 you are referring to?  As mentioned above you cannot have more than one active MX in a network and the passive has to be the same model as the active.  However you can have more than one MX in a site, just create a second network.

For all of our sites we have at least three MXs and divide them into multiple networks to suit our needs.

What are you trying to achieve?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels