Troubleshooting Scan to Email

Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Troubleshooting Scan to Email

Hello community,

Has anyone encountered an issue with scan to email not working when using a specific MX firmware? Do you have any recommended configurations for the MX or specific options that need to be set?

I appreciate your help!

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your email solution on premise or on the Cloud?

Just to understand.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The email service is on the Cloud

I've seen problems with antivirus software but never with email.

But if your email is in the cloud, I don't see much point other than using a solution like Ironport within your infrastructure.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did itstop working after a firmware update? 

Is your mx using L7 firewall, ips, amp, or content filtering?

You could try whitelisting the scanner. 

Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

I removed all restrictions to see if there was any rule blocking the flow, but unfortunately, that didn't resolve the issue. I have doubts that it's related to a problem with the firmware version.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the event log for that dashboard report anything? 

If your email solution is Google workspace or Yahoo they have recently introduced changes that require strict DMARC policies. 

1. Check MFD device logs

2. Check Meraki dashboard event log

3. Check mail service email logs. 

Follow the logical path that the traffic will flow through and use logs to work out where it's going wrong. 

Unfortunately, the dashboard event log hasn't uncovered any significant details about this issue.

Additionally, the device logs indicate that the printer is unable to connect to the server.

Given recent changes in email policies by Google Workspace and Yahoo, I'll investigate the potential impact of these updates on the scan to mail service.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels