Trouble with Non Meraki Peer on cellular

Solved
Cole
Getting noticed

Trouble with Non Meraki Peer on cellular

Hello, 

Earlier this week communication between my networks and non meraki peer stopped two way traffic while on cellular backup. There were no changes on my end and the cellular carrier is not seeing any issues. The IKE tunnel remains established but I can no longer ping hosts on the Non meraki side and vice versa. If the MX67C goes back to the primary connection there is no issue. 

Is anyone else expereincing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
Cole
Getting noticed

Turns out this was an issue with firewall upgrades on the carrier side. Once they addressed those issues the issue was resolved. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the remote VPN peer configured to allow a VPN from your cellular IP address?  Most systems don't support this type of configuration.

Yes, we have verified that this traffic is allowed. We can see ESP traffic coming from the Meraki network to the Non Meraki peer and the traffic leaving the non Meraki peer back to the network but it never makes it back. We set up a test environment to a different non Meraki peer and got the same result. This is an issue with Meraki that needs to be fixed. 

Cole
Getting noticed

Turns out this was an issue with firewall upgrades on the carrier side. Once they addressed those issues the issue was resolved. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels