Topology Warm Spare MX

SOLVED
VinhLV
Conversationalist

Topology Warm Spare MX

Hi Everyone,

I seen many topic Warm Spare. But i had one Topology had configed :

MX84 Primary  have 2 port WAN connect by cable 2 ISP ( to load blancing )

MX84 Spare have 1 port WAN connect by cable one port Switch L2. Option config Spare using "MX uplink Ips" , Info View Tab Uplink :

Gerenal : Ip public IPS2/WAN2 MX84 Primary

Wan1 Spare  had a IP dynamic by Vlan of Switch L2

=> I have question : Is this topology the Sync config MX Prim - MX Spare with Cloud ?, if MX Primary offline then MX Spare upto Primary with i must connect ISP1,ISP2 connect Wan1, Wan2 to Spare ?

Tks All !

Desktop.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had to do that before, and yes it should work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The design that you are showing is at least very uncommon ...

The first question for an advice is: What is your design-goal and why do you think that you can not use a "normal" setup whre both MXes are connected to the ISPs?

Yea, based on this design it appears it appears of the primary goes offline then everything fails, including the secondary.

Actually, the secondary in this config actually does nothing. Unless there is more to this design you are not showing. Such as vlan3 being served by some other links to the internet.

VinhLV
Conversationalist

Yes, i understanded. But, i had only Public IP, cable connect by any ISP. Recommend run Passive - Active and i so wanted to use Loadblancing, SD-WAN for VPN => The designed

VinhLV
Conversationalist

Yes, i understanded. But, i had only Public IP, cable connect by any ISP. Recommend run Passive - Active and i so wanted to use Loadblancing, SD-WAN for VPN -> The designed

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had to do that before, and yes it should work.

VinhLV
Conversationalist

Yes, it was working, and i would insert public IP to setup with topology Meraki Recommend full stack. Thanks you !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels