Time Format

SOLVED
Shadius
Building a reputation

Time Format

Hi Merakians,

I was wondering if there's a way to change the way time is displayed for the "Last Seen" column. It seems that it's in military time. Is there a way to change it to regular time format?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Hi there,

Being as 90% of the world uses the 24 hour clock as its standard time format and it removes any ambiguity (which is why the military, blue light & emergency services use it), its been this way on the dashboard since 2007 and there is no way to change it, why would you want to change it to a 12 hour format ?

If you have a good reason, put it as a wish (on the bottom of every dashboard page) and it will get fed into the development stack and if there is enough traction, my experience says Meraki would add it as an option at some stage in the future

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On our dashboard it displays Month, Day, 24h time which as far as I am aware is standard US 24h format.  Are you looking for Day, Month, 24h, i.e. a full non-US format?

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Hi there,

Being as 90% of the world uses the 24 hour clock as its standard time format and it removes any ambiguity (which is why the military, blue light & emergency services use it), its been this way on the dashboard since 2007 and there is no way to change it, why would you want to change it to a 12 hour format ?

If you have a good reason, put it as a wish (on the bottom of every dashboard page) and it will get fed into the development stack and if there is enough traction, my experience says Meraki would add it as an option at some stage in the future

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
Shadius
Building a reputation

Hi @GaryShainberg 

Thank you for your reply.

This clears things up.

I was inquiring because I have a few administrators who aren't familiar with the military time format.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think 12-hour notation disappeared with analogue watches and clocks ...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed, I didn't even think that the 24hr clock could be what @Shadius was referring to when he said military time.  I love the differences within a (mostly) shared language!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To me, "military time" is a specific reference to "zulu time", or UTC+0.

When you are co-ordinating missions (which often span timezones when doing operations in foreign countries) you want everyone's "0900" to be the same "0900".  This also gets more pronounced for naval operations, where a vessel can be in one timezone one day, and another the next.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed it was somewhat confusing me, though I think you mean Greenwich Mean Time 😉

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Shadius
Building a reputation

In that case, they will just have to adjust to using military time since it keeps everyone on the same page about timing.

Thank you all for the knowledge! It was very helpful.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels