Threat Protection available on MX64 not MX65?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Threat Protection available on MX64 not MX65?

Hello!

I just installed an MX64 at a new site and one of the features I see in the Security & SD-WAN > Configure > area is "threat protection". Looking at my existing MX65 network I don't see this option. Did I somehow enable something else that renders showing me that option null and therefor it gets omitted? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
8 Replies 8
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

All features are available on all models.

Does your Org have an Advanced license? Or an Enterprise license?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Ok great. Thanks. This necessitates followup question:

Only thing I think I would really want there is threat protection. It sounds bad ass even though from the malware reading it looks like it probably only protects PCs and we are 100% Apple. Maybe some of that crappy adware people download thinking its a utility would be stopped? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.

No system is perfect so its hard to say if it will or wont do what you want it to. Plus the more stricter you lock things down, the more problems you can run into. Me personally, I like the content filtering, which allows me to block adult content, bad websites etc. Requires advanced security license though.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

@RumorConsumer  Macs get Malware as well!. We run advanced threat protection as well as cloud based Malware Bytes which finds at least one thing a day across our site

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Two thoughts - make sure your MX65 network has an advanced security licence (Organisation/Licence Info will tell you).

Secondly you don't see the option if the network is bound to a template.  It only appears on the template in this case.

@NolanHerring  Yea i think this will be ok Bc they’re such simple users. Great point,

@BlakeRichardson the cloud malwearbytes picks something up that is non user initiated?

@PhilipDAth yes it’s the license. Crack shot per usual.

@RumorConsumer  An end point agent is installed on all of our staff devices. We have scheduled in our cloud dashboard for all devices to run a scan at 8.30am every morning. I then get emailed a report of the collective findings. 

The scans run silently in the backgorund so the user has no idea its happening apart from the notfication centre on the Mac devices showing a scan has started and completed. 

Users can manually start a scan as well. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels