Getting noticed

Telnet

Please Help, unable to access.

Shubh3738_1-1711527421730.png

6 Replies 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the destination you're trying to access behind a MX? How do the rules look like? Without giving us at least some needed information, it's kinda hard to help you. 🤔

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this port TCP or UDP?

If you use UDP it will not work.

As already asked, are you using an MX? Is there any rule blocking it?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Telnet is insecure, I would suggest using SSH instead if you can. 

Is a port forwarding rule setup to allow traffic on the port you mentioned? If you don't have access to the MX then you need to speak to the person that does. 

In this case, they are not trying to actually use "telnet".  On Windows, this is the easiest way to test if a port is open and being allowed by the firewall.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This doesn't work for me either.  This is where you say to Sapphire IMS "It's not me, it's you".

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Doesn't look good, no.

rhbirkelund_0-1711743142455.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels