Tell Cisco About Your Zero Trust Needs!

yardenhorev
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Tell Cisco About Your Zero Trust Needs!

Hey there Meraki Community!

We are working on a joint Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) projects with our friends at Cisco+ Secure Connect and are looking to get your thoughts on a few questions. 

Is ZTNA top of mind for your organization? Help us learn more! Please fill the below survey (should take no more than 5 minutes). 

https://www.ciscofeedback.vovici.com/se/6A5348A7749C8922

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is ZTNA?  Zero trust network architecture?

@PhilipDAth In the link to the survey, it states "Zero trust access network" so I would assume the acronym meaning would be "Zero trust network access/architecture". 

The joys of our industry and analyst/marketing teams...

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Zero Trust Network Access indeed! Generally meaning that the default behaviour for accessing any app is 'block' unless the identity of the user and posture of device and be evaluated and authenticated. 

Cleared above and apologies for the bad use of acronyms 🙂  

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

ZTNA means more licensing costs.... Yes I see the benefit but having good layer 1-3 policy and procedure in place is a good place to start and many people don't even have that. 

Hi BlakeRichardson, I agree with you, but layer 2 has no real meaning when people work from everywhere (home, train, coffeeshop, hotel, girlfriend) in a multicloud environment. And layer 3, what kind of traffic will be allowed (protocol, IP address, port) from what source IP to what destination IP, does not tell me anything about who the actual person is that is generating this traffic. In an era where (mobile) providers use carrier grade NAT and where both source and destination IP addresses in general are subject to change everyday I am not really interested in IP addresses anymore as a security mechanism. I want to know who that person is.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels