Kind of a big deal

TLS 1.2 Reminder

By way of reminder I have just been sent this by the Office 365 Admin Center:

We are moving to TLS 1.2 for encryption
MC128929
Plan For Change
Published On : 10 February 2018
Action required by 31 October 2018
As previously communicated in MC124102 in October of 2017, and MC126199 in December of 2017,
to provide best-in-class encryption, and to ensure our service is more secure by default, we are moving
all of our online services to Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2+. In the two communications referenced above, we had indicated that we would be removing support for
TLS versions less than 1.2 from our online services, beginning March 1, 2018. After receiving valuable feedback
from administrators like you, we have decided to extend the deadline for upgrading to TLS 1.2 or later to
October 31, 2018.
How does this affect me?
As of October 31, 2018, Microsoft Office 365 will no longer support TLS 1.0 and 1.1. By October 31, 2018, all client-server and browser-server combinations should use TLS version 1.2 (or a later version)
to ensure connection without issues to Office 365 services. This may require updates to certain client-server and
browser-server combinations. If you do not update to TLS version 1.2 (or later) by October 31, 2018, you may experience issues when connecting
to Office 365. If you experience an issue related to the use of an old TLS version after October 31, 2018,
you will be required to update to TLS 1.2 as part of the resolution.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
We recommend you proactively address weak TLS usage by removing TLS 1.0/1.1 dependencies in your environments
and disabling TLS 1.0/1.1 at the operating system level
where possible.

Begin planning your migration to TLS 1.2+, today.
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
0 REPLIES 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels