T-Mobile CradlePoint Failover Connection

Solved
GFrazier
Building a reputation

T-Mobile CradlePoint Failover Connection

Installed a T-Mobile CradlePoint for Failover Connection on WAN2... Testing it, I was not able to browse / resolve names, but able to ping IPs just fine... I don't think it's an issue on the MX configurations, however, if anyone has encountered this issue when first setting up a cradle point, what were the steps for resolving?

I have the MX WAN2 connected to the CradlePoint's Port 1 - its using DHCP to assign an IP... It's giving WAN2 a public IP and using T-Mobile's DNS IPs.

1 Accepted Solution
SaheedA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @GFrazier, appreciate you bringing this to the community. The issue seems to be related to DNS from your description, since the MX is online on WAN 1 you can run a packet capture on WAN 2 to see if there is any response to the DNS query the MX is sending.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
SaheedA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @GFrazier, appreciate you bringing this to the community. The issue seems to be related to DNS from your description, since the MX is online on WAN 1 you can run a packet capture on WAN 2 to see if there is any response to the DNS query the MX is sending.  

GFrazier
Building a reputation

Hi SaheedA,

I just saw this today... I don't know how I overlooked something so simple, however, I figured it out a couple of weeks ago.  Thank you for responding. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels