Will the MX95 advertise the Default Route into OSPF

JohnLacey2912
Conversationalist

Will the MX95 advertise the Default Route into OSPF

Hi All,

I am trying to setup internet failover between two adjacent sites, each with it's own MX95 and internet circuit and MS425 core switches, the cores are connected via a 10G link but the firewalls are not connected and not in HA.

I was planning to run OSPF between the firewall and local switch and also between switches based on the MX advertising the 0.0.0.0/0 route to its local switch. However, reading the docs it is not clear if this will work, I can see that the MX does not learn OSPF routes from neighbors and will advertise VPN routes, but not clear how the default route is handled.

Any other suggestions welcome to achieve this! Is it possible for example to configure 2 static default routes on the core and monitor an upstream address? similar to IP SLA in the IOS world.

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom here,

John L.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, MX only advertises SD-WAN routes, the default route is not advertised, so I'll need to create the default route on your switch.

Unfortunately OSPF is limited in MX.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

OSPF on the MX only redistributes specific SD-WAN routes into the OSPF protocol for use in your campus network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels