Support for SHA512 - has to setup a VPN to 3rd party that demands SHA512 to connect

JanMinche
New here

Support for SHA512 - has to setup a VPN to 3rd party that demands SHA512 to connect

Hi all,

Any idea about when SHA512 can/will be supported in Meraki appliances for site-to-site VPN - need this to replace an old SonicWall appliance (support SHA512) to connect to a medical service provider in order to access back-end systems ?

Best regards

Jan Minche

2 Replies 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I haven’t heard of anything around SHA512 for the Meraki MX appliances, and I know a number of other vendors support it. I’d open a case with support just to check whether or not there is something they’re able to turn on for your network to support it. Other than that your best bet is to reach out to your local Meraki SE or AM to see if they can provide some information (it’s unusual to get forward looking information here).

If you do use the Meraki MX for your connection, just remember that third party site-to-site VPN routes aren’t shared across AutoVPN connections (just in case you have any). This means it’s often easier to use a different firewall (like a Cisco FTD or ASA) for such connections, then static routes to/from the MX - that may solve two problems, the SHA512 issue, and the sharing routes over AutoVPN.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JanMinche : well not yet see any of the Cisco live event or announcement on the SHA 512 for VPN to 3rd Party Setup. Wait may be soon they will come up with that.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels