Static NAT 1 VLAN to WAN IP other than Interface IP (Meraki MX)

Solved
KyleHB
Conversationalist

Static NAT 1 VLAN to WAN IP other than Interface IP (Meraki MX)

Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to assign 1 Public IP to a specific vlan/subnet other than the interface IP?

eg. WAN Interface IP - 1.1.1.1

I would like my VLAN 99 to be statically assigned to 1.1.1.2 not the interface IP

All I can see is the 1:1 NAT which can only translate one host. Is it possible to do this on a whole VLAN?

1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, this functionality is not available. 

Also,be aware that 1:1 NAT is for INBOUND traffic only. Outbound traffic is always NAT'd to the IP of the MX. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, this functionality is not available. 

Also,be aware that 1:1 NAT is for INBOUND traffic only. Outbound traffic is always NAT'd to the IP of the MX. 

KyleHB
Conversationalist

Thanks for the response jdsilva.

Is there any work around on this issue? Because we availed a public IP block of /26 hoping that we can configure a per subnet=1 public IP.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Probably not one that you'll really like.

You could connect both WAN ports to your Internet service, and assign 1 IP to each WAN port. Then under SD-WAN and Traffic Shaping you can use Internet Flow preferences to route source VLANs out specific WAN interfaces and therefore being NAT'd to different IP's. The caveat here is that when either WAN port fails your traffic will fail to the other WAN port and be NAT'd to that IP. And of course, you can still only use the IP of the MX interface so you can leverage 2 public IP's at most.

I don't have any other tricks up my sleeve, but maybe others here do and will chime in. 

KyleHB
Conversationalist

Not possible in my case I think. Our MX only has 2 WAN interface and we have 2 ISP each with /26 public IP blocks.

Sucks to migrate to a cloud platform that lacks functionality. I hope 'Make a Wish' will help fix this issue in the future.

Thanks again for your help. Topic answered. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels