Security Appliance's event log missing client info

Shawn_Bee
Comes here often

Security Appliance's event log missing client info

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 2.00.47 PM.png

randomly I'll see these types of events logs and if I click on the link I get an error message (see below) just wondering if anyone here has any insight on how to dig into this further.  

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 1.53.41 PM.png 

5 REPLIES 5
mvalera
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Can you confirm if "e0cbbc88b3e4" is a valid MAC address in your network?

@Shawn_Bee  That sounds odd, usually that big long wierd name its the hostname of the device. As mentioned can you search using the MAC address under Network-wide > Clients.

You can also name the device within Meraki to give it a more friendly name.

That MAC address is one of my APs, I named it 1st floor center lobby 

What I want to see is which one of my users is trying to access these sites, the only info that will display is for the AP. 

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Hmm that is odd - I haven't got a live system in front of me to look. From that page nothing links or shows any info?

Have you checked the AP event log to see if anything is flagging at that time

>What I want to see is which one of my users is trying to access these sites

You have got the SSID running in NAT mode and the MX doing the content filtering.  The MX can't see who the client is because of the NAT mode on the SSID.

If you create a seperate VLAN for the SSID on the MX and then have the SSID bridged to that VLAN you'll be able to see the actual clients.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels