Secondary IP assignments

SOLVED
MrCuriosity
Conversationalist

Secondary IP assignments

I wanted to know if the Meraki firewall can support secondary IP addresses on a single interface. I wanted to redo the current LAN IP address scheme from 192.168.x.x scheme to 10.x.x.x space. I have about 80 devices the current 192.168.69.x network. I know in the past I have done this using Cisco routers and other vendor technologies. Does the Meraki have this capability? As an example; if my current LAN is configured with an 192.168.69.1/24 and the devices on that network are using 192.168.69.2-254 assigned addresses, I would like to change the current IP scheme from a 192.168.69.0/24 to 10.69.69.0/24. This would mean my secondary address would be 10.69.69.1/254. Changing the usable host addresses to be 10.69.69.2-254. I understand the firewall policies would change, I am just curious if the Meraki MX 250 has this capability. 

Thank you in advance,

Mr. Curiosity 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In a nutshell: no. 😕

The only thing you could do would be setting up a new VLAN with that network and have the MX route all traffic between these two in the meantime. Could break things like mDNS though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In a nutshell: no. 😕

The only thing you could do would be setting up a new VLAN with that network and have the MX route all traffic between these two in the meantime. Could break things like mDNS though.

CptnCrnch,

Thank you for your response. When I was looking at the GUI, I didn't believe it would, but you don't know if you don't ask,

Thank you again,

Mr. C

joopv
Getting noticed

Is there any chance that support for a secondary IP range will be implemented in the next few months?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wouldn't hold my breath for that (please note that this is just my personal opinion)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels