SLA Monitor / WAN redundancy for MX Security appliance

Solved
Silas1066
Getting noticed

SLA Monitor / WAN redundancy for MX Security appliance

We are looking to implement some MX security appliances, but I was wondering if they had a SLA monitor function similar to that found in the ASA.

In other words, let's say I have two interfaces connected to the Internet, both with public IPs on them. One will be used to route my hosts out to the web, but if that fails, I want the other to be used.

I see that the MX appliances typically have one port labeled "Internet", but does that mean it is the only interface that can route traffic to the web? Or can another interface be used as well to create redundancy?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is like ASA's, but much simpler (the configuration is automatic).

All MX's have can two WAN/Internet links, however some models require you to re-configure a particular WAN port for this purpose.

Ideally choose a model that has dual WAN/Internet ports, like an MX65, MX84, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is like ASA's, but much simpler (the configuration is automatic).

All MX's have can two WAN/Internet links, however some models require you to re-configure a particular WAN port for this purpose.

Ideally choose a model that has dual WAN/Internet ports, like an MX65, MX84, etc.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels