[DOUBT] Traffic shaping definition

Solved
Maicon_Vieira
Here to help

[DOUBT] Traffic shaping definition

Hi,

I was wondering how are the Shaping definitions categorized? I mean, i have shaped the Software updates and needed to test a url to see if it was matching. I went to the Birght cloud url look up and realized that there is no software updates listed.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I don't think Bright Cloud would be used.

If you look at the other shaping options, like You Tube, etc, you'll start to get the impression they are not so much categories but very specific sets of web applications.

So I think this will use the layer 7 application database.  I think these will contain very specific domain names and layer 7 inspection and the like, and this will be used for the shaping rules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I don't think Bright Cloud would be used.

If you look at the other shaping options, like You Tube, etc, you'll start to get the impression they are not so much categories but very specific sets of web applications.

So I think this will use the layer 7 application database.  I think these will contain very specific domain names and layer 7 inspection and the like, and this will be used for the shaping rules.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels