SDWAN as a Black Box

Monego
New here

SDWAN as a Black Box

Hi there,

I have a question.

The "AS IS" is this one: we have an MPLS WAN that connects 250 stores to a datacenter where there are corporate Apps and centralized internet access for all stores.

The "TO BE" is: implement a SDWAN over 2 links (MPLS+INTERNET) terminated in datacenter on a couple of MX250 in HA with legs on MPLS+INTERNET. I still want to be able to send all stores internet traffic (in clear mode) to the existing 3rd parties firewall as it flows today (I want the SDWAN to act as a blackbox, exactly as my existing MPLS network).

They told me it's not possible because the MX250 applies NAT/PAT on internet traffic ?

Any idea ? 

Thanks a lot. Marco.

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have our systems setup this way, DC MX250s are in single ended WAN concentrator mode.  A request from a client in site A with IP address 10.150.100.100 is seen by the LAN of the edge firewalls (not Meraki) as 10.150.100.100, not a NATed address.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's pretty much ours, just with the Datacentre MPLS link terminating on a transit VLAN / routed switch port as opposed to the firewall inside interface.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels