SD-WAN from India

Solved
Screasey
Here to help

SD-WAN from India

I am getting ready to deploy a site to Chennai India. We are using MX devices at all of or remote branches in the United States. This will be the first non continental remote site. Is the MX device using DIA circuits reliable enough for this operation? Can I use an MPLS circuit in the MX device? I have a pair of MX 400's at the head end, is it also possible to terminate an MPLS into the MX400? this would give me direct site to site.

1 Accepted Solution

Hi Shawn,

I do not see much challenges with DIA. They are pretty reliable and they offer you uptime SLA, we have certainly good service providers here in India. Airtel & Tata to name a few.

Having said that "You may consider 2 Links from 2 different Provider" and have a nice SDWAN Configuration.

Added to this you may consider MPLS link too. However I do not see a great advantage here. Perhaps it all depends on how critical your services are.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @Screasey 

Greetings.

I am getting ready to deploy a site to Chennai India.

This is Ajit from India :). Let me know if you need any assistance.

Is the MX device using DIA circuits reliable enough for this operation?

DIAs are certainly reliable. There is an agreed SLA with the operator.

Can I use an MPLS circuit in the MX device?

Certainly you can use MPLS. You need internet service in the mpls circuit for MX to reach cloud and establish AutoVPN with other sites.

I have a pair of MX 400's at the head end

For HA.. You will need 3 IPs on each link .ie /29.

Is it also possible to terminate an MPLS into the MX400? this would give me direct site to site.

Hmmm. You may terminate MPLS on a LAN Interface by creating L3 VLAN. However internet is required for MX Management.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Ajit,

Thank you for the quick response. Would you say that the MPLS is preferable or that the DIA circuits will operate as efficiently? My thought is that the DIA circuits would provide the reliable service we need but my CIO is concerned over rumors he has heard. I just want to make sure I am creating the most reliable connection to reduce my requirements for travel back and forth. 

Can you share your experience or thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I do not see much challenges with DIA. They are pretty reliable and they offer you uptime SLA, we have certainly good service providers here in India. Airtel & Tata to name a few.

Having said that "You may consider 2 Links from 2 different Provider" and have a nice SDWAN Configuration.

Added to this you may consider MPLS link too. However I do not see a great advantage here. Perhaps it all depends on how critical your services are.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Thank you for answering my questions around this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels