SD-WAN Policy - Rule behavior /w multiple Parameters

whistleblower
Getting noticed

SD-WAN Policy - Rule behavior /w multiple Parameters

Hi,

is my understanding correct, that when in an SD-WAN policy multiple Traffic filter parameters like e.g. "Blogging", "E-Mail", etc. are selected, they behave in a so-called OR mechanism?

If so, would it be in general possible, to achive a requirement such as a dedicated host IP (= Customer expressions) with traffic of a special category like e.g. "Windows File Sharing" as AND mechanism in a single rule as well?

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think it works the way you're imagining. In my understanding, it will analyze the package and match or not the rule, if it fits the policy created, what was defined in the rule is applied, if it does not follow the normal flow.

So the answer is that there is no way to do what you want.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

so just as I had already thought! no matter how many different entries are defined in one rule, it`s an OR behavior and the entries are not dependent on each other!

hm, hasn't any of you had such a requirement so far?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels