Ring Central, MX84 & Presence

SOLVED
Greycam
New here

Ring Central, MX84 & Presence

Hi All,

This is my first time using a mx84. I will explain the problem below in as much detail as possible. 

Problem & Question

I cannot figure out how to whitelist/pass through domain with specific ports both inbound & outbound. 

Under the mx84 settings below, i have listed a table i need to whitelist for inbound/outbound. I checked my options under layer 3 & 7 but i cannot input specific port numbers. 

Where in the dashboard would i go to set rules for the table below?

Physical Setup

Modem —> MX84 —> Switch —> Computer

MX 84 Settings

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/guides/meraki_mx64.pdf

- Supernets & traffic shaping were input as per the guide

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9233.html?language=en_US

- Per 8.6.3 Whitelisting of domains and ip addresses i need to whitelist/allow through 

Presence Status, Call Log Notifications, and Voicemail notifications*.pubnub.com
*.pubnub.net
*.pndsn.com
ringcentral.pubnubapi.com (for newer endpoint versions)
Google Chrome ExtensionLogin Pageaccount.google.com443
Chrome APIs for pluginapis.google.com
Fonts used by Google Chromefonts.gstatic.com
SIP Registration Server sip.ringcentral.com 
SIP Proxy Server *.ringcentral.com 
Soft ClientsSoftware and Provisioning*.cloudfront.net443
Polycom/Poly Desk Phones and Conference PhonesProvisioningpp.ringcentral.com443
Firmware Updatepp.s3.ringcentral.com
Cisco Desk PhonesProvisioning and firmware updatecp.ringcentral.com443
Yealink Desk PhonesProvisioning and firmware updateyp.ringcentral.com443

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I see.  I think you can just ignore the port numbers and try adding those domains to your whitelist, but unless you already had them explicitly denied I am not sure that is going to solve it.

You might also try whitelisting a couple of clients completely to test. If whitelisting the client fixes the issue you know you can somehow adjust content filters and firewall rules appropriately.  If whitelisted clients still have the trouble then there must be another reason.

I have a hunch this could be related to a session timeout and you can't modify those on Meraki. Maybe support can for you though.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You should typically not need to create any rules or do anything for RingCentral to work behind your MX84.  What problem are you trying to solve?  I think those notes are just to ensure your content filter is not blocking needed RingCentral domains and may not translate exactly to what you can configure on your MX.

The presence status and call status are frequently not being received by other users specifically in the offices with the mx84.

The users will login via the windows 10 app, and it will not show their status/presence. If those same users put someone on park, other users cannot see the parked line in the HUD. That same user cannot be part of a queue because they are frequently unavailable status despite being available in the app.

This is happening frequently on 15 computers in the same office. If i bypass the mx84 and plug a test computer directly into the modem the presence works perfectly.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I see.  I think you can just ignore the port numbers and try adding those domains to your whitelist, but unless you already had them explicitly denied I am not sure that is going to solve it.

You might also try whitelisting a couple of clients completely to test. If whitelisting the client fixes the issue you know you can somehow adjust content filters and firewall rules appropriately.  If whitelisted clients still have the trouble then there must be another reason.

I have a hunch this could be related to a session timeout and you can't modify those on Meraki. Maybe support can for you though.

Thank you. This gives me something to look into.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels