Revision Control System / Revision History?

rcpa0_en
Here to help

Revision Control System / Revision History?

It looks like there is no way to backup/restore export/import the complete (or even partial) configuration of the MX84 either from the device itself or from Cloud Management.

How many times have people made a configuration change, add or delete a firewall rule as a quick fix, only to find out later that it was a bad thing to do?  If this was software, I would just checkout an earlier revision.  How do I undo changes to MX84 say one hour ago, a week ago, one month ago?

7 Replies 7
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you set up the email alerts for changes then you will receive an email each time a config change is made.  There is also the audit log for the organisation,  this lists who changed what.

If you absolutely need a copy of the data you can clone a network to a new one and that copies lots of the settings.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The easy option is to just copy the network before making a change.  You can make as many copies as you like.

Otherwise you can try my offline backup tool.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-backup.html 

How do I delete a copied/cloned/backed_up network?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First make sure it has no devices by moving them out to another network, if being reused, or unclaim if being disposed.

Second, in the networks drop down on the left of the GUI, choose All Networks and the select the one you want to delete and press the delete button near the top of the page.

Thanks!  Made too many backups.  Needed to get rid of the extras.

I wish to thank everyone who helped me in this topic thread.  I have implemented all three solutions presented. 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels