Reverse proxy behind MX appliance

idknow
Here to help

Reverse proxy behind MX appliance

Hello all,

Have anyone ever used a reverse proxy behind a Meraki MX (mx in routed mode).

I have to make an inside server available from the internet by using a reverse proxy and not sure how to make it work, the architecture would look like this i guess:

idknow_0-1629278339092.jpeg

Do you know where i can find some information on the different steps of configuring the mx to make it work please regarding port forwarding, nat, rules etc...?

Regards,

Ludovic

4 REPLIES 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@idknow : Check this below link 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thank you for the documentation, it really helps 🙏

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is just a proxy server (no security software running on it) - then don't bother using it.  Instead of setting up the NAT/PAT on the MX to the reverse proxy, point it directly at the server you want to give access to.

Yes, but unfortunately the customer is asking for a reverse proxy in a DMZ like in the picture i've shown above, and then the traffic would be forwarded to the backend web server

He already asked for a dns public registry of an URL  xxx.xxxx.com

so i guess the idea is to map this url to the public IP address of the provider router and then port-forwarding the traffic on the MX towards the reverse proxy, am i missing something because that seems simple , what do you think ?

Regards,

Ludovic

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels