Retiring MX84 -what to do with it?

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Retiring MX84 -what to do with it?

We are about to retire our MX84, which is sad. It was our first MX device (thankfully it was released during our trial of MX80, so we've had a lot of use out of it!). Moving to MX95 to take advantage of our giguplink. 

The MX84 was used for demo/lab/internal office use, so we duly received the NFR discount. 

What can I do with it other than recycling it? Seems a shame to completely bin hardware that is working, but of course don't want to break the NFR rules. 

I suppose same would go for our APs when refreshed next year. 

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Keep it for an emergency spare.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does Meraki have a sort of trade-in system where they have the best way to disassemble old devices to have the least amount of e-waste?

In Belgium we pay a little extra for all electronics for a service called recupel.  When  you turn in the old electronic to the recycling park those devices go to specialized firms that do the disassembly.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cisco has an eWaste program - which I have actually used before - but on balance - it is probably easier to use a local eWaste recycler.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/takeback-and-reuse/product-recycling.html 

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Thanks for the replies.

Good idea @PhilipDAth , no harm with it sitting in the cupboard as a backup.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Back up dude or May be test bed for lab environment 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@AnythingHosted 

Depending on your location, I could pay for shipping.  I am looking for another lab system.

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels