Reseting wired.meraki.com login

SOLVED
Ching023
Here to help

Reseting wired.meraki.com login

Hello Everyone,

We have a MX100, and are wondering if there is a way to reset the wired.meraki.com. since the one who set it up had left us, and no one else knew what the login credential is. We don't want to do factory reset on this MX100 as well.

I have Full Administrator access in Meraki dashboard. I can load the wired.meraki.com page up, which will land me in the Connection tab.

But when I try to get in to the Configuration tab, it ask for username and password.

I read that the default password is the serial of the device, which I had tried, and not working.

I also checked in "custom password set at Network Wide - General - Device configuration" as suggested in the other post here. I checked, and the username and password listed there doesn't work either.

Anything that we can do to just reset that password?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mark,

Yes, we only has 1 firewall here, and I verified the IP address is correct.

I also tried to plug a cable to the Management port in the physical device, and nothing get me into the portal.

thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

In Network wise --> Configure --> General

Scroll down to Device Configuration and change the Password there, or even just click on the show password link there.

Edit: Ahh I see you tried this... strange that it didn't work... are you sure it's the same device?

Hi Mark,

Yes, we only has 1 firewall here, and I verified the IP address is correct.

I also tried to plug a cable to the Management port in the physical device, and nothing get me into the portal.

thanks,

Thank you Mark,

I changed the password in "Network wise --> Configure --> General"
then it seems start working. not sure why, showing password, and typed that password in doesn't work, even tried copy that password and paste in, still not working.

But Changing it did make the change.

If you want telnet or ssh to the management port with an IP address not on the same subnet as the management IP address, the switch needs a standard gateway set using the ip default-gateway command.

term paper writing service

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels