Reset Protection on Meraki MX ?

SOLVED
csedlmeier
Here to help

Reset Protection on Meraki MX ?

Dear all.

Is there an Reset protection for Meraki MX devices. I mean is there an feature if customer press Reset Button on Meraki MX68CW that nothing happen ?

Kind regards.

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

I don´t believe so. 

Wouldn´t make sense as well, in my mind...

If the device is not reachable anymore from the dashboard (local access denied) and you need to reset it and this wouldn´t be possible your device is useless.

Furthermore hopefully a device is in a safe area, where no one can easily reset a device (closed cabinet at least).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

I don´t believe so. 

Wouldn´t make sense as well, in my mind...

If the device is not reachable anymore from the dashboard (local access denied) and you need to reset it and this wouldn´t be possible your device is useless.

Furthermore hopefully a device is in a safe area, where no one can easily reset a device (closed cabinet at least).

Ok Thnaks for Reply

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

What’s your issue? The MXs should revert to their previous configuration after a config change if it loses connectivity to the Meraki cloud. I believe the same goes with a firmware upgrade.

There is also the reset button on the MXs too. It forces the unit to clear its configuration and fetch it from the cloud again. So you can correct the configuration in the Dashboard and reset the device, so it grabs the new configuration.

EDIT: if you’re just talking about a restart there is always the power cable.

Dear Bruce, 

Good to see you here, i have been searching about MX revert to previous configuration after it lose connection to Meraki cloud. As i have seen you mention in this comment, Would you mind give me some idea about how to disable this feature? i saw in Meraki document and it say we can disable this. Would you mind tell me if you have experience with this case?

Behavior during Connection Loss to Cisco Meraki Cloud - Cisco Meraki

Best Regards,

Joy

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels