Regarding a question

SD-WAN1
Comes here often

Regarding a question

Connections are made like this

Internet 1 - Meraki router 1 - PC1

Internet 2- Meraki router 2- PC2 

PC1 and PC2 are connected to same hub.

Now I need to know if I can ping from PC2 to PC1 and vice versa? 

And communication from each PC to hub shouldn't disturb.

Is this infra possible on Meraki ?

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to use the statefull vpn firewall.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-site_VPN_Firewall_Rule_Behavior

Other option is stateless fw rules using group policies . Attached to a vlan or client

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the subnet of both Spokes is enabled to participate in the VPN, they will know the route to each subnet through the Hub, and of course if you have any Firewall rules configured you need to release ICMP, otherwise it won't be a problem.

I didn't understand this sentence "And communication from each PC to hub shouldn't disturb."

You don't want communication to go through the Hub? Would it be this?

Another important point, often the Windows Firewall or aintvirus blocks ICMP, so if you are going to do a test, disable both.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>PC1 and PC2 are connected to same hub.

Do you mean "Meraki Router 1" and "Meraki Router 2" are connected to the same hub?  If so, then if AutoVPN is enabled on the Meraki MX devices than the PCs will be able to talk to each other.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels