Radius Server in Meraki

AlexanderDrago
Getting noticed

Radius Server in Meraki

Hello!

I have a question is this possible use 2 different radius servers for authorisation different users

Example

radius server 1 have user A

radius server 2 have user B

I want that user A when connected to VPN meraki use radius 1 server

user B when connected to VPN meraki use radius 2 server

Is this possible?

6 REPLIES 6
JimmyPhelan
Getting noticed

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/RADIUS_Failover_and_Retry_Details

You can specify multiple RADIUS servers, and they will be challenged in sequence.

Can you be more specific in how the directories that your RADIUS servers are accessing are unique from each other?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any option for this, as the current setup is it sends to all radius servers you have, or maybe its the top one first? i cant' remember >.<

However I did find this article, which deals with splash pages specifically

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/RADIUS_Failover_and_Retry_Details

But it makes me wonder if the splash page has some options for what your looking for, maybe the normal radius settings do too, but they are hidden features that require you to contact support?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanx for Article

It's for VPN client on meraki

I thought that when you add another Radius server if 1-st radius didn't know login user it's sent to another

It should do that, but can you give more clarity as to why you would construct a user directory in such a fashion? 

It necessary because of we have users logins with different domains

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

This would probably be best solved IMO by pointing the Meraki at one of the RADIUS servers, and then having that server either process or forward (proxy) requests to the second server that match a given set of rules. 

I don't believe this functionality is built natively into the Meraki platform.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels