Question regarding isolated VLAN for WAN breakout

Solved
JSantos
Conversationalist

Question regarding isolated VLAN for WAN breakout

JSantos_0-1633620570630.png

Meraki MX Design: Designing and Configuring Warm Spare Mode (willette.works)

Hi there,

I'm attempting to setup a warm spare configuration for our MX devices using design seen above (With just the 1 ISP) but I'm trying to confirm a bit of information I'm unclear on. When it mentions creating VLAN 700 for the ISP connections there is no mention on what IP addresses should be assigned to the VLAN. Should I just pick a random private subnet and just statically assign the public IP addresses to the MX WAN ports or should I create the range that's the same as the public IPs that the ISP has given us. I'm statically assigning the IPs on the MX either way but wasn't sure if the subnet/MX IP that I choose for this ISP VLAN matters. 

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thats just 3 access ports in vlan 700 on the switch.  No svi ip needed.

The wan  interfaces of the mx you can assign ip from the isp  provided subnet

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thats just 3 access ports in vlan 700 on the switch.  No svi ip needed.

The wan  interfaces of the mx you can assign ip from the isp  provided subnet

JSantos
Conversationalist

Ah! Thanks a lot! I didn't realize I could simply assign the switchports to the VLAN from the switch dashboard itself without the VLAN already existing under "Addressing & VLAN". I deleted the created VLAN and left the ports with the VLAN assignment.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels