Prioritizing Traffic by App

DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

Prioritizing Traffic by App

We have a Java based line of business (LOB) application that I want to give priority over all other traffic except for VOIP, I've been given IP addresses that this LOB app uses and I've created a rule that adds those IP's so it shows up like

net A.B.C.D/24 for each address I've set bandwidth limit to ignore, priority to high, but I'm unsure if I should and if I should indeed change the DSCP tagging, what should I change it to... 

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Where is that application hosted?

Over what networks its reachable. Do that networks support qos? If so, What dscp values support that networks

I'd like to know what can I set on my MX to make sure the data going to any of the IP's of that data center, that the traffic will leave my network with the highest priority except for VOIP.  The application is hosted at the vendors data center.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What you did is good for that. Set "priority to high" will give it 4/7 of the bandwidth you set for your wan

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels