Prioritising traffic between 2 subnets over the sdwan

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Prioritising traffic between 2 subnets over the sdwan

If i wanted to prioritise traffic between 2 subnets across an SDWAN, what would be place to look at?

As an example, if our head office has a range of 10.10.1.0/26 and i wanted to prioritise all traffic from any machines on that range to a subnet at our data centre of 10.20.1.0/26.  I know it would presumably be in Security & SD-WAN > SD-WAN & Traffic shaping > then create a new rule under Traffic Shaping Rules.

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to add a traffic shaping rule on the office adding subnet 10.20.1.0/26 and then set prio to high.

And on the dc you would set the same kind of rule but now for the destination subnet 10.10.1.0/26

However this would be for all source subnets. So if it need to be specific  between 2 subnet you need to create the rules in a group policy, and apply that gp to the source vlan

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Thank you, i will do some testing at the end of the week and let you know how i get on.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels